727 questions

-

Jbcuda

Reaction score
I have a 727 still on the pallet as shipped from Chrysler, was told it was for a 70 cuda, ordered over the counter in case they wanted to run auto instead of 4 speed, # pk 4028425 5758 1907 , if anyone could help me identify this I would appreciate the help, and maybe someone could give me an idea what I should ask for it, thanks in advance,jb.

The number 4028425 shows up in my book for the first time in 1976...behind a 440. Again 1n 1977, behind a 440. As far as my book goes. That transmission was only behind 440s in 1976 and 77. BTW listed as High Performance. Value? Someone else would have to chime in on that.
Norm

The number 4028425 shows up in my book for the first time in 1976...behind a 440. Again 1n 1977, behind a 440. As far as my book goes. That transmission was only behind 440s in 1976 and 77. BTW listed as High Performance. Value? Someone else would have to chime in on that.
Norm
Thanks Norm for your response,that’s very helpful, I acquired some older super stock Hemi stuff and I’m trying to recoup some of my investment , I’m looking for fair prices , and someone that needs some of this stuff. Thanks jb

Norm
Behind a 440 in what application? I didn't think that there was much in the line of HP available in 1976.

Behind a 440 in what application? I didn't think that there was much in the line of HP available in 1976.
It's just listed in my book (Tom Hand) just as "passenger car." Hi-lited in yellow.
Transmission 727.jpg

The gentleman That I got it from worked for Chrysler and raced a 4 speed Hemi car, he thought that he might want to run an automatic so he said he went to the parts counter and said that he wanted an automatic and converter for his race car, and this is what they got for him, this transmission wasn’t in a car, it’s still on the pallet as it came off of the truck, hope this helps,thanks jb.

I myself would have to see what’s in it b4 I made any offer. . Kim
I understand that, I have no idea for sure, probably a 4 gear planetary, I think most are 3 , I could be wrong, it’s basically brand new,lol, if I take it apart then I would have to warranty it?

-
Back