727 rebuild first timer

-

canadian duster

Reaction score
I know there are a ton of articles and posts about this but I've never been able to piece everything together yet. I plan to rebuild my 727 (1975 duster) to handle a 408 and supercharger (6v71). I've been struggling to find a parts list to compare to the (rebuild in a box kits from bulk barn etc. I believe all I should need further to this kit is a bolt in sprag and valve body kit. Any help would be great. My location in Canada limits a new transmission being shipped and there doesn't seem to be many performace transmission builders in this area.

Screenshot_20170129-084006.png

I know there are a ton of articles and posts about this but I've never been able to piece everything together yet. I plan to rebuild my 727 (1975 duster) to handle a 408 and supercharger (6v71). I've been struggling to find a parts list to compare to the (rebuild in a box kits from bulk barn etc. I believe all I should need further to this kit is a bolt in sprag and valve body kit. Any help would be great. My location in Canada limits a new transmission being shipped and there doesn't seem to be many performace transmission builders in this area.

View attachment 1715012875[/QUO

You might want to get in touch with Midtown Transmissions in Prince Albert. Ask for Alan. Parts wise, other than the frictions and the steel kit, all the rest of the parts look like stock parts to me. The rear band is your typical All-O-Matic stock band and the front band looks like the one they use in the A518/A618 trans. Both are good bands. A place you might want to check out is www.tcsproducts.com in B.C. Lots of performance parts and converters there, and all of the performance hard parts(if you need them) they make in house. If you need more information PM me.

Hmm, don't know what happened with the first message, but I'll redo my message to you. You might want to call/check their website: Midtown Transmissions in Prince Albert. Alan is the guy to talk to there. The kit shown, other than the frictions and steels is a good kit full of normal stock parts. Nothing really special. I don't know what the price is, but it will be in American Dollars all the way. You might also want to check out T.C.S. over in B.C. Their website is www.tcsproducts.com. Lots of performance parts/performance converters there for you to consider. The valve body kit to use is the Transgo TF-2, or if you want to really get hard core and manually shift it, the Transgo TF-3 would be the other option.
If you need any further information on shops in Western Canada that do performance transmissions, drop me a PM. There's no one in your town that I know of that does this type of work.

-
Back