727 Rebuild Kit

-

charger426

Reaction score
Getting ready to rebuild a BB 727 I have laying around for a pretty mild 440 build. Wanted to know if there is a rebuild kit everyone likes or has found pretty good luck with.

Or is there any reason not to just put the old trans in with a new valve body, deep pan and see how it does for a little while.

Very few kits have everything you really need to properly rebuild a trans. Most only contain clutches, steels, band(s), a few thrust washers (maybe) and gaskets. You also should replace all the bushings, roller and spring kit for the sprague, any thrust washers with any signs of wear, the filter, and take the pump apart and check the gears and where they ride in the pump for any signs of galling or grooves from trash going through it. I generally buy the TransStar kit and add the other pieces it doesn't include

Deluxe Transtars from Northern Auto parts...

as said..I would replace all the bushing and thrust washers also...I believe the Transtars will have the pump...front drum and tail shaft bushing in them....plus you will need to order a rear band...

I had good luck with A&A, the kit came with quite a bit but bushings. Call em up and I'm sure they can get you what you need.

Well this is now a mute point. I went in the back to pull out the trans I was planing on using for my 440 and its a small block trans. Now I have to buy a big block 727.

-
Back