Status
Not open for further replies.

billytuffnuts

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Ok heres the deal...

I have a used 727 torque converter that came with a transmission I purchased locally. Its an 11" converter with the smaller flex plate pattern (10 3/4"?). I'm not sure of who made it or what the exact stall is, but the guy I bought it from said he thinks its a 2500. It came out of a transmission that was behind a hot 340.

The transmission itself had a manual reverse valve body, governor weights removed, dont think there was a 1-2 accumulator piston in there either plus whatever else was done to it.

So like I said the guy thinks its a 2500 stall but I can't be sure. I'd imagine that behind a race 340 and inside a transmission with those mods, that it would have some sort of stall to it.

I have not tested the converter myself but the transmission it came with works perfectly so I would assume the t/c is in similar condition. Fluid looks very good.

I've taken some pictures so that maybe you can identify it.

-On the main body (curved side) is 435 and 7213
-On the main body (flat side) is the letter "A"
-On the ring gear is RG13OH(A triangle)S(with a circle around it)27
-The 1,3,and O are questionable as the weld is partially covering it.

I'm asking $50+shipping for it. I know its a gamble on what the actual stall is, but maybe itll work out for ya! Let me know if you have any questions or if you can identify it! I'll leave it up here for a little bit then just toss it on ebay if there arent any bites.

Located near Chicago, IL

converter 001.jpg

converter 003.jpg

converter 005.jpg

converter 006.jpg

converter 007.jpg

converter 011.jpg

converter.jpg

Good deal for those 318 guys What shape is the hub in, has a groove started to wear in?

Well you can definitely tell that its been used, meaning you can see a wear pattern. I ran my finger nail down it and it didn't catch or anything. I just took a quick glance at it but I'll make sure to get some pictures up.

I don't think thats a aftermarket HP unit like T/A, B&M, Coan ect.. its most likely a stock 340 converter a trans shop spec'ed out from their supplyer with a little more stall built in, i have one just like it and it stalled about 2600rpm behind my warm 360, it worked great and is a fine converter. $50 is a very good price and its a better converter than the cheap MP or b&m ones in Summit ect..

I don't think thats a aftermarket HP unit like T/A, B&M, Coan ect.. its most likely a stock 340 converter a trans shop spec'ed out from their supplyer with a little more stall built in, i have one just like it and it stalled about 2600rpm behind my warm 360, it worked great and is a fine converter. $50 is a very good price and its a better converter than the cheap MP or b&m ones in Summit ect..

Yeah I was also thinking it was a factory high stall unit or just a reworked one since theres really not much identifying marks on it or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back