727 torque converter?

-

73440abody

Reaction score
Hey guys, have a 727 with a 440 putting out 600hp need a torque converter for it, gonna be a street/strip car. Looking for brand recommendations. Thanks

Thats not enough information. Picking a TC is tricky, lots of factors. You can buy an off the shelf and get pretty close? Or you can call one of the TC companies and ask what they recommend. I have a TCI super street fighter, 10" 3500 stall, actually flashes to 4000 with my setup. Yet it drives like a nice tight converter on the street while cruising.

Thats not enough information. Picking a TC is tricky, lots of factors. You can buy an off the shelf and get pretty close? Or you can call one of the TC companies and ask what they recommend. I have a TCI super street fighter, 10" 3500 stall, actually flashes to 4000 with my setup. Yet it drives like a nice tight converter on the street while cruising.
I know there's lots of factors into picking one, I was more curious what companies people are using and ones to avoid.

B&M And TCI would be a good choice for off the shelf. I also had a Coan trans and converter in my Camaro years ago. Race pieces, very good quality.

i went with PTC i think
what i did was call 3 or 4 companies, and went with the one that asked the most questions

I have a PTC 9.5" in my dart. It's a mild engine maybe 400hp but I'm pretty happy with the converter.

-
Back