727 Trans Bellhousing - Damage to mounting hole and no bolt!?

-

Divenut

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Was under the Duster today to replace the rear main seal. While under there, I happened to notice the following damage to the Trans to Motor mounting hole. As you can see, a chunk is missing as is the bolt. Looks like I can run a longer bolt through it and secure it with a nut on the back side. Is this a problem or would it be OK to just use the longer bolt with nut?

Thanks as always,
Pat

trans%20to%20motor_zps77re5m0u.jpg

That is what I would do except take the time to go a step further and try to locate a spacer and use whatever tool you have to match the profile of the back of the bellhousing so your nuts ends up with a flat surface... Eazy peazy and unless someone else chimes in with a different idea it's the easiet way out IMO...

JW

That is what I would do except take the time to go a step further and try to locate a spacer and use whatever tool you have to match the profile of the back of the bellhousing so your nuts ends up with a flat surface... Eazy peazy and unless someone else chimes in with a different idea it's the easiet way out IMO...

JW
Did that on a 600 horse 406 sbc, w/ a turbo 400, no problem .

Thanks for the responses guys. Much appreciated. I'll clean up the back and see if I can fab some type of spacer.

Be well,
Pat

-
Back