727 trans brake question

-

340 swinger

Reaction score
Looking for info on a trans brake for a 727. Thinking of installing one and would like some info on whats available who has them and how much one would expect to pay. Do they only come in reverse pattern? Mine is a B&M quick silver regular pattern, are all B&Ms able to go reverse pattern? With a trans brake how many tenths would be expected versus no trans brake?
Thanks for any input.

yes. your shifter will work,yes you will need a manual valve body, with the trans brake it allows you to launch at a predetermined rpm, similar to a 4 speed, so if its a specific drag car that hooks well going with the m valve body and t brake and comparing it to what you have it could be as an easy 1/2 second. remember, this puts a lot of strain on transmission even if its only running 1/4 mile use a deep trans pan and a good trans cooler and just plug the crappy radiator lines,also, you will need the correct stall converter for your application and if your components arent up to snuff things will break, like a u joint, or a pinion,and possibly the rear suspension could be torn off. I run 10.51s with a transbrake and use the 8 3/4 rear with no bracing and the 742 case launching at 2500 rpm as I dont trust the rear end or driveshaft.the car has been 9,89s but not with me in it and suspension is set up right, I just think 650 at the rear wheels is pushin the unbraced 8 3/4 and the pinion so I take it easy. anything higher than 10s in 1/4 mile I wouldnt waste my money but would use the manual valve body. call jegs ,they can hook you up 1-800-345-4545 next day delivery to boot, hope this helps Ive seen manual valve bodies modified that when you put it in low gear it will shift automatically,but its all about $ vs needs

If you run a 11 or slower car just use the manual valve body,cheetah is a good one, turbo action trans brake is also good ,so without knowing what your combo is I cant help you any further other than to say first off make sure you have the right converter for your application before doing anything else as if your running a 3500 stall and going 11s you should be able to footbrake it to around 2000 2200 rpm and that aint bad. run a tad slower and save the $

-
Back