727 trans cooler lines

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
I read a few post on here about people changed to braided cooler lines. Anyone have any pictures and list of part/numbers they used to do that. I have this pretty nice transcooler in a box I got with car that I want to use instead of buying a new one.

you will need 2--1/8"npt x #6an male, 4--#6an straight female hose fittings, about 10'-12' of #6an hose, measure this yourself and add a tad bit more and some addel clamps to hold the hose to the frame.

I cant for the life of me find the 1/8'npt that hook to trans online. Its first time doing transmission lines. Its a male end on the trans and I cant find the female one to hook it up.

I cant for the life of me find the 1/8'npt that hook to trans online. Its first time doing transmission lines. Its a male end on the trans and I cant find the female one to hook it up.

You must remove the stock fittings in transmission. The thread in the case is 1/8 npt. You ll need a MALE 1/8 npt x 6an MALE.

I added a external cooler as well as used my radiator cooler on my car. Here is what I bought.

(4) 1/8" npt to -6AN
(4) -6AN Straight
(1) -6AN 45* Elbow
(1) -6AN 90* Elbow

I installed the 1/8" npt to -6 AN fittings. (2) in the trans and (2) in the radiator. Then out of those at the trans end I used a (1) -6AN Straight in the rear and a (1) -6AN 45* elbow at the front of the trans. I wasnt comfortable how close it came to the headers using a straight and the 90* elbow hit the bell housing.

At the radiator end I used a (1) -6AN Straight on the drivers side. This was my input from the trans. On the passengers side I used (1) -6AN 90* elbow and directed it towards the drivers fender where I had some holes already drilled for my lines and swept it thru the core support to the external cooler. Where I installed (2) of the -6AN straight fittings on the external cooler. Then ran the return line back thru the core support back to the trans.

I also bought 20' of the PTFE braided line instead of the rubber line. In my opinion it was harder to work with, but is suppose to hold up better. I probably have about 7' left over.

Not difficult at all. Although it would be easier to get the fitting in the trans with it out of the car. Good luck with your project.

-
Back