727 trans in a 65 dart

-

jw97neon

Reaction score
what will i have to do to make a 727 trans fit in my 65 dart. i only ask because i am picking up a 360 and a the a 727 from my old man. it was in a 72 plymouth b body car. i am going to swap my slant 6 out and install this.

The 727 trans in an early "A" Body will hit the pinch weld at the firewall. It is easier to get a 904. I'd gladly trade if I was near. You can beat or grind it into submission but I would not.

The 727 trans in an early "A" Body will hit the pinch weld at the firewall. It is easier to get a 903. I'd gladly trade if I was near. You can beat or grind it into submission but I would not.
thanks but that may be what happens. this is a new rebuilt trans, other wise i would locate a 904.

Smash grind and cut. It will fit. I have a 65 valiant 340 with 727. However frame rails are tied and 8 point cage in the car. I wasn't worried about twisting the car or weakening the firewall to floor pan weld. I even cut two small holes for the bell housing bolts. They are very close to the fire wall. In a word it can be done.

-
Back