727 Transbrake help

-

megacab

Leglhi
Reaction score
Well i guess the exploding torqueflite thread kind of already answered part of this.I called a very reputable trans builder today to see about getting rid of my junk Ger and stepping up to a decent converter.One of my questions brought up a trans brake.I was informed that trans brakes can take about 50% of the reliability out of 727 and that he's seen people lose half their foot and many other horror storys.This because the sprag is in the back of the tranny.Thats not exactly what i wanted to hear.I have a full manual reverse valvebody that i was hoping to replace with a transbrake and decent converter.Now im gun shy and might just footbrake.I know you cant get full stall though footbraking.Anybody have a transbrake in their 727?Is there a better choice?I see that 7172Duster leaves pretty damn hard lol.

use a billet front drum and a bolt in spraq....along with a transbrake with Low band applied ...

and maybe find a new transbuilder...

http://www.gotranzact.com/

call tranzact and talk to Joe...

Hey thanks alot.I'll do that.It was kinda hard to believe that with all the Mopars out there that nobody could make one hold up to some passes.

Definitely look into a different trans. builder. I guess he hasn't heard they make a bolt in super sprague for the TF and with a low band apply VB your good to go. You have to do some other upgrades as was mentioned by 70aarcuda to safely run a transbrake but that's just a given with any high HP race application. You might also give Chris Andrews at Andrews Racing a call. He's super with TF's and a vendor on this board.

A trans brake does stress a transmission but a TF is no different than any other in that respect.

And like Daredevil said, run a shield. Cheap safety.

Thanks guy's.I'll definately check this out.Im only going the trans brake route because i feel i have to in order to run the times id like.It would be cheaper and easier not to but it seems like the fast cars are all running them,so there must be a reason haha.I need to save up some serious coin im guessing if i want a nicely built 727.

-
Back