727 Transmission for my 1974 Plymouth Duster

-

DaWeezzz!!!

Reaction score
OK, I'm doing this again because I was missing some PK numbers from my initial post...

Greetings...

I have a couple help questions if you can help out a fellow american who's down on his luck? LOL!!!

Anyhow…

Found this 727 transmission for sale and would like to know if this will work in my 1974 Duster? I'm installing a 1973 340 engine, a complete rebuild and I will be upgrading the rear of the car to a 8 3/4. Currently have a 318 engine and a small rear end on the car. I know I will need to have a new driveshaft made for the engine, transmission, and 8 3/4 rear combo.

Here's the number off the side of the transmission. Can someone decoded this for me?

PK 4058328 6419 9302

It measured 35-1/4" total length.

I've included 4 pictures of what the transmission looks like. Hopefully one of you pros can tell me what's missing on it or what I need to do to make it work with the 340 engine. I will also be doing a complete rebuild on the transmission. Thanks in advance… Da Weezzz!!!

727 01.jpg

727 02.jpg

727 Transmission PK 01.jpg

727 Transmission PK 02.jpg

Why do you suggest not to use the 727 and keep the 904 that's currently in the car? I thought the 727 was the way to go it was the preferred transmission over the 904. Thanks for your input…
Some guys do "driveby comments", then don't hang around to complete their thoughts. There are some who just love their 904's, and that's perfectly fine. Your 727 is a good unit, and will serve you well. Put good parts into it and enjoy. Should bolt right up to your 340. Get the correct converter for it based on your anticipated usage. You will need to get the correct kickdown linkage or go with an aftermarket Lokar kit.

-
Back