727 what year is it?

-

72chargerguy

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out what year 727 I have. the casting # on the right side of the bellhousing is 1B435244

Thats all I can find. Can anybody help me?

Good Luck! Do Some Serious Searching On All-par And Also Other Mopar Forums. If I Remember Correctly The Vin Is Cast Into The Side Of The Pan Mounting Flange But I Think Thats It...i Dont Think They Made A Huge Deal Out Of The Autos Because They Had Been In Production So Long And There Wasnt A Ton Of Changes, The 4-speed However I Believe Had Some Changes Though The Years

Ok hear is the list of numbers. Look on the side near the tranny pan. There should be a casting number on the smoth surface above the pan.

PM me with your e-mail ID and I will send you a PDF. It is too large fo rthis site.

When all else fails,go to www.mymopar.com and go to the tool reference page and click on the transmission ID chart and search the pages to find your 17 digit code that is on the side of the oil pan rail.Mrmopartech @ mymopar.com

Ok hear is the list of numbers. Look on the side near the tranny pan. There should be a casting number on the smoth surface above the pan.

PM me with your e-mail ID and I will send you a PDF. It is too large fo rthis site.

Hey I don't know if you still have this file anymore... but if you do, could you upload it for me maybe?

If not, the tranny I'm rebuilding has a number of PK3681862_4798_3165 , maybe someone can help me? :D

I was told it came out of a 74 Monaco or something similar... not sure.

Go to our web site and the tool reference section and into the tranny ID section and look for the 7 digit part number on the pages of trannys,you will find out what is was used on and the engine size,mrmopartech

...PK3681862_4798_3165...

I have part number "...3681862..." in the listings, it's a 1974 model year 727 automatic transmission, for a 318 or 360 2 barrel, in a B or C body.

Additionally, you have "1B435244" in your original post, which would seem to be a VIN from a 1971 application, but I'm betting the '1' is actually a mis-read '4'.

Mark.

-
Back