727 with 440

-

Muswagon

Reaction score
My 440 I bought came with a rebuilt 727, so i think I will delay the manual swap and at least get it on the road this summer.

I have none of the kickdown stuff, so i am thinking of doing the Lokar cable setup for both throttle and kickdown/pressure. Anyone have experience with this? anything to watch out for? I guess i would need both cables and the bracket setup?

The converter appears to be a stock part, wondering if I should get a converter that would fit the build a bit better. any suggestions? I don't want to spend a ton of cash, just needs to be drive-able and a little fun.

I use a Lokar kickdown and it works well. Like anything else it takes some adjusting.

My 440 I bought came with a rebuilt 727, so i think I will delay the manual swap and at least get it on the road this summer.

I have none of the kickdown stuff, so i am thinking of doing the Lokar cable setup for both throttle and kickdown/pressure. Anyone have experience with this? anything to watch out for? I guess i would need both cables and the bracket setup?

The converter appears to be a stock part, wondering if I should get a converter that would fit the build a bit better. any suggestions? I don't want to spend a ton of cash, just needs to be drive-able and a little fun.
What all has been done to the engine, and what kind of stall are you looking for? From the factory, the 440 could have a converter stall speed of 1800-2100 and as high as 2200-2400 stall. It all depends what the power train was originally in.

-
Back