727 with no gears or pressure

-

Hyper Henry

Reaction score
Long story short have a 400 with a 727 that worked fine in a car I had. Started a different and new cam and heads on 400 and had the 727 freshened by a guy who has done them for many years. The usual; shift kit, clutches, bands etc and I put a new 3000 stall converter in it. Have fired it up a few times and I have no gears. Checked middle pressure port while running in neutral and zero pressure. removed the transmission to see if I can see anything obvious and looks fine but I am no transmission guy. It seems like voodoo magic to me....lol Converter looks like it was engaging pump tangs properly and had to move the converter forward approx. 1/4" when I installed it. Removed the pan to check filter and spacer (deep pan) was was not loose as well as the valve body bolts and all seems fine. There was what looked like some metal filings and a half piece of what looked like a hard plastic O-ring of some sort? I was going to put the transmission back in with a different converter and try it but a lot of work if it still does not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated as it looks like I got a tail light warranty from this guy.......:eek:(

Uhhhh..NO. I'd love to see a pic of that plastic piece and the metal shavings. Sounds like a broken thrust washer. It will eat drums if you run the motor.

Here you go. Magnet shows what was on bottom of pan.

83BBD6B5-5D10-4FDD-A92D-A97312AE7708.jpeg

What is that partial ring made of? How long is it? Can you take closer pics of the ring and of the metal pieces?

Looks like a fiber washer from the pump. With that in the pan u definitely need a new builder. Hey, that’s you!!! Get a book and build it yourself. Don’t put it back in cause it won’t work. Kim.

-
Back