-
i THINK they come only on trucks. but maybe only cretin years. but had specl adapter between the trans and engine. the real experts here can give you the details.

I just got a "core" 727 last week. Need to see what condition it is in.
PS: What year engine do you have. The slant six 727 will only fit a 1968 or newer slant.

I was just poking around tonight on craigslist and saw a slant 727 listed for $120 in LA area. From a truck. Looks like a lever-shift (66+ A's) and appears a fixed output yoke that looks like the yoke on a rear-end. I wonder if a sliding yoke would fit.

I have one but it is still in the truck. A 78 W100 full time 4x4. Im not sure why anyone would want a truck set up like that, but there it is.

A slip yoke wont fit the bolt on yoke 727 output shaft, but you can change it over to a slip yoke style shaft and tail housing and it will work fine.

I think the 727 should fit any year slant as long as the converter snout coresponds with the back of the crank. Please correct me if im wrong....

Why a 727 anyway?

I think the 727 should fit any year slant as long as the converter snout coresponds with the back of the crank. Please correct me if im wrong....

All 727 trans have the large (68 up) pilot on the converter. 1967 down slant six and small block cranks have the small hole in the crank. I don't think (don't know for sure) it is possible to build a 727 converter with the small pilot (like with the 904), due to the size of the trans input shaft.
When Mopar put the smallblock 727 in the slant six, they used an adapter between the trans and the block that was more then an inch thick (I think about 1 1/2 inches). They also used a crank adapter that fit in the small crank pocket, and had a large(er) hole to accept the 727 crank pilot

-
Back