73 340 duster thermoquad spacer ?

-
Spacer, no. But the correct gasket is already over 1/4 inch thick...
1726756345527.png

Some possibilities for the thick gasket:

- Base gasket (open): Chrysler 3879786, Fel-Pro 1902, 60273, McCord 66-0144, Victor-Reinz G14589 (G26662 for 1971-1972), Rol CM55011 (CM55256 for 1971-1972), Walker G897, Mahle/Clevite G14589.

Correct, BUT, make DANG SURE you get the correct gasket. A Quardajet gasket is NOT the same. They will cause a vacuum leak around the back of the secondaries.
Hmmm.....I think I got that. Engine runs good (idles with 11 A/F ratio) but has a large sucking sound that seems to be coming from the rear of my TQ. I spayed some water in the center area of the rear base and noticed a definite change in the idle. How would one recognize the difference between the 2 gaskets?

Also, is there a paper gasket installed above and below the thick one?

Hmmm.....I think I got that. Engine runs good (idles with 11 A/F ratio) but has a large sucking sound that seems to be coming from the rear of my TQ. I spayed some water in the center area of the rear base and noticed a definite change in the idle. How would one recognize the difference between the 2 gaskets?

Also, is there a paper gasket installed above and below the thick one?
No thin paper gasket. Just the thick insulator gasket.

Thremoquad gasket. There is also an open hole version of the Thermoquad gasket, but as you can see, the Thermoquad gasket has a thicker back wall. Using the Queerdrajet gasket on the Thermoquad will result in a vacuum leak around the back of the secondaries. Most stores will try to sell you the wrong gasket, because they want to stock as few parts as possible.
THERMOQUAD GASKET.jpeg

Queerdrajet Gasket.
QUEERDRAJET GASKET.jpg

-
Back