73 340 duster thermoquad spacer ?

-
Yeah. My understanding is the 71 TQ was the best for all out power, but they kinda had trouble on the street. But I've never had one or worked on one.
Mine worked great on the street, almost like fuel injection. But I did play with it quite a bit to get it almost perfect. I was lucky to have one on the 71 Duster and I knew not to let it go with the car. Actually, I still have the 340 also.

Spacer, no. But the correct gasket is already over 1/4 inch thick...
View attachment 1716305237
So this one is the correct gasket
No thin paper gasket. Just the thick insulator gasket.

Thremoquad gasket. There is also an open hole version of the Thermoquad gasket, but as you can see, the Thermoquad gasket has a thicker back wall. Using the Queerdrajet gasket on the Thermoquad will result in a vacuum leak around the back of the secondaries. Most stores will try to sell you the wrong gasket, because they want to stock as few parts as possible.
View attachment 1716305455

Queerdrajet Gasket.
View attachment 1716305457
So the first picture the gasket is the correct one and the one on the bottom is not

Original phenolic TQ gasket
Year unknown
Could be crap but I read that between the phenolic gasket and the bowl , it reduced the fuel temp by 20 degrees

1726859938205651474787591019943.jpg

Original phenolic TQ gasket
Year unknown
Could be crap but I read that between the phenolic gasket and the bowl , it reduced the fuel temp by 20 degrees

View attachment 1716305643
I have this one as well...But I thought it needed a thin gasket on top and on the bottom when it is installed since it is so hard.

-
Back