73 340 duster

-

sublime green

Reaction score
Here my dads 73 340 duster he bought back in i think in late 03.
101_0328.jpg

101_0318.jpg

101_0324.jpg

My dads replaced 3 floor pans, the whole trunk, rear quarters and made 2 metal pieces to fit in on the bottom in between the doors and the rear wheel wells. Its almost ready for some epoxy primer he bought.

heres what i did last weekend, ive got to do more today and tommorow, lucky me, i hope i dont get as dirty as last time.
101_0853.jpg

101_0856.jpg

101_0861.jpg

101_0739.jpg

101_0740.jpg

right now we got the old trans out and are putting in a new 727 once i get done, i dont really want to go back under though.

Do yourself a favor, please get a respirator. Your lungs will thank you, especially if you are cleaning undercoating. Old undercoating likely contains asbestos, bad stuff.

Nice work and keep it up.

nice project...

i found this 73 340 duster, it had been in the garage since 1992...

i was wearing a respirator, i know to do that stuff but i took it off halph way through since it was fogging up my glasses, i wear one as much as i can and thats a pretty nice duster there, ours is going to be red with white 340 stripe.

it still needs some work...i am going to put new seat cover on this weekend and the vinyl top needs to be replaced....got one for it...going to have a friend who does that work do it.

here is a couple of pictures of the engine bay...it needed to be cleaned and repainted.

RACOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!! quick, get a hammer! OH wait, it's you! Ha ha ha ha.

I'd like to see that 1/4 panel repair.

it came off easy enough

Yeah I can see that it did.

we saw a lot of dusters down there.

There are alot of Dusters down here but everyone sits on them until they rust away and they tell you "No it's not for sale... I'm going to fix it up someday."

101_0349.jpg

101_9698.jpg

the fenders been on for a while now and raccoons exactly what we were thinking, we haven't asked any one down there about buying (yet) but a lot of people are the same way around here, they want to hold on to there stuff and let it rot.

Me 2, unless yo can weld, the butt welding would be the way to go. I'm not very good at welding yet.

its stitch welded with the good gold bondo over it, it could be better but this was his 2nd time putting this 1/4 on, the first one SUCKED! its o.k though.

heres what we did this week and will continue with tomorrow and however long it takes.
101_1025.jpg

101_1028.jpg

101_1031.jpg

101_1037.jpg

101_1032.jpg

since then, the whole block is blue now, ill get more pics tomorrow and for such a piece of crap car when we bought it, the nicest thig on it is the inside of the engine.

all i did was paint it, my dad didnt rebuild it, he was planing to but we saw how clean it was and its fine, i hope i can rebuild/ build a motor some day, he got up under it and painted it and i did what i could, i could of done more but... i broke my right collar bone and im right handed, i can still kinda work though, hes going to get some hooker headers within the next week or 2, its rolling along but its getting cold here, not sure how much we'll work on it but we'll get some parts. post more tomorrow.

You guys are doing a great job so far! I can't wait to see it finished,but the best part of this build is the father/son time you guys get to spend on it. I'm betting that when it's done you'll be itching to pick up another old car and do it all over again!

You guys are doing a great job so far! I can't wait to see it finished,but the best part of this build is the father/son time you guys get to spend on it. I'm betting that when it's done you'll be itching to pick up another old car and do it all over again!

thanks, i will, he wont, we got our eyes on a 74 duster sitting down the road, its not that bad but i think i for got to show you guys my under side, ill see if i got any pics, we undercoated it.

-
Back