73-76 Brake Master in 69 Cuda?

-

WARFARE

Reaction score
Hi Guys, a buddy has an extra rebuilt brake master from a 73-76 Dart w/front power discs. The old one in my 69 Cuda is leaking. (Frnt Discs also/Kelsey Hayes)

Was thinking, are there any issues with just swapping out the two? Will the existing booster work?

I see there is a size difference between the two and the 73-76 seams to be longer and have a bigger piston. Wonder if there are any clearance issues with the hood. Would the 73-76 master give a bit more brake?

Thanks for your help.

Pat

For the 20-30 bucks,buy the correct one for your application would be my advice.....

A very tough find....that 69 disc/drum manual master...I know took me forever to locate the correct one.
Yes, there are places who say this and that will work, but its a generic master and not the correct unit. I went through 4-5 units and returned them all because they were wrong. The suppler finally admitted the correct unit is not available. I got mine finally as part of a left over stock of cardone units "last one " they told me. They even sent it to me free after sending so many of the wrong ones. They want to send the drum/drum (equal master reservoirs) and tell you it works, it will but a disc unit has two reservoirs of unequal size. Take your old one had have it redone. I did that for my spare.
There are no $20-$30 replacments...no matter what catalogue says they have it.

-
Back