73-76 Duster/Sport folding seat conversion??

-

Pine Tree Mopar

Mopar Maine-iac
Reaction score
Has anyone converted a 73-76 Duster/Dart Sport from a regular rear seat, to a folding rear seat? I am still debating whether to go with the folder or not. I was curious about what to expect in the change over. Are the sail panels the same for both? Is there a gap between the rear seat and the package tray, and what fills it? What other trim issues would there be? Do you need to change the filler neck? What is the going rate for a good core, and all the components? I have been slowly picking up black interior parts to redo my 73 Sport's interior. I've gotten most of the trim I need except for the new white door panels and seat covers, and black headliner and carpet. Sorry for all the questions, but I'm the type to get as much info as possible, and then make an informed decision. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tim.

My 73 was built with the folding seat. Its not an easy conversion from a stock seat from what I would guess. It needs special side brackets for the folding seat, catches, side trim panels, special trim that covers the wheel houses, not to mention the seats, the package tray sheet metal, the trunk divider panel and hinge etc. Dont do it, its too much work.

if you decide to do it, im parting out a 74 dart sport with fold down rear seat. let me know what you need

Thanks for the input. I can get the parts I need to make the conversion from a parts car nearby. My concerns were just as you stated. I'm not afraid of the fab work, but the longer I work on it, the longer it'll be before I can cruise. I would also need to remove my rollcage, which may cause me a problem at the strip, in the future. I guess I'll keep my stock rear seat for now, just need to find a good seat bottom. Still would like to hear from anyone that has converted over. Thanks gents, Tim.

-
Back