73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
I actually pulled my Paint & Body guy off the Duster temporarily to wet sand and Buff the Dart, it actually looks 100 times better. Next we're going to realign all the body panels. I did ask today how the Duster was coming...almost ready for primer he said, heard that back in November and then again in December,Oh and then in January.

Wow I'm on that roller coaster too. I keep getting told when we slow down they will work on it. I've been sitting around watching dust gather on the ground in the shop with 3 guys sitting on their butts doing nothing. Guess who's car hasn't been touched.

Wow I'm on that roller coaster too. I keep getting told when we slow down they will work on it. I've been sitting around watching dust gather on the ground in the shop with 3 guys sitting on their butts doing nothing. Guess who's car hasn't been touched.

WELL, I have to butt in here. I don't care who it is that has the shop that tells you that. We know all to many people that have to put up with that crap. Either give them an ultimatum, or take elsewhere, even better ....when and if it comes tot he time to pay them..............only give them apportion and tell them to wait for the remainder.

WELL, I have to butt in here. I don't care who it is that has the shop that tells you that. We know all to many people that have to put up with that crap. Either give them an ultimatum, or take elsewhere, even better ....when and if it comes tot he time to pay them..............only give them apportion and tell them to wait for the remainder.

Already Paid my share.

I actually pulled my Paint & Body guy off the Duster temporarily to wet sand and Buff the Dart, it actually looks 100 times better. Next we're going to realign all the body panels. I did ask today how the Duster was coming...almost ready for primer he said, heard that back in November and then again in December,Oh and then in January.

That's why I did everything myself with a friends help spraying. I primered and blocked it. It's ready for wet sanding then sealer or straight to paint.

I made the mistake of saying I wasn't in a hurry back in December but I would like to see the car in primer some time soon. In all fairness I did add the extra work of a custom hood.

I made the mistake of saying I wasn't in a hurry back in December but I would like to see the car in primer some time soon. In all fairness I did add the extra work of a custom hood.

Mine took 3 months for body work and the body was basically straight, all I asked him to do was change the tail panels...

We did make some progress on the other project over the last few days ...

Attachments

• dart 019.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 758
  • dart 023.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 790
  • dart 025.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 755
  • dart 027.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 771
  • dart 032.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 782
  • dart 031.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 790
Gawd that is beautiful! Whatever it cost.....it was worth it.

I wonder if Dave will feature that orange flavored rum this year?

Already Paid my share.
That's why you're waiting.

All of your trust and good intentions have left them with no reason or motivation to finish up.

I agree with Jim. Show them how you feel and read them the riot act.

Then you'll see how they feel and you can take appropriate action.

WOW thats nice. It almost motivates me to get back to my Dart... almost. :)

I wonder if Dave will feature that orange flavored rum this year?

No Orange flavored Rum but he did switch from the Diet Cherry Coke to Regular Cherry Coke after his Doctor said to quit drinking Diet pop. Funny he didn't say anything about drinking the Rum.

No Orange flavored Rum but he did switch from the Diet Cherry Coke to Regular Cherry Coke after his Doctor said to quit drinking Diet pop. Funny he didn't say anything about drinking the Rum.

Because the Doctor knows that rum is delicious!

Sorry to hear your car isn't home yet.Was hoping to see some progress since I've been gone for a while. Finally landed a new job, not a lot of free time but good to be working again. That Dart is sweet. With you working on it I'know it will come out awesome. Keep up the good work.:coffee2:

Well tonight was a very cool experience, I had a nice conversation with Tom Hoover regarding the 371 six pack that he built years ago for his Barracuda and is now in Dads 70' Dart Swinger.....I was taking notes as fast as I could with alot of engine specs that you just don't find anywhere on the web. This thing has parts and Technology from Mopar Missle Works, Mopars Nascar division (The name Petty came up) and some Street Hemi parts and specs. Dick Oldfield build the 727 Transmission and found out a few tricks he did to that. Such a cool night

Attachments

• TomHooverCarlisle2005.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 717
  • hoover_1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 673
Well tonight was a very cool experience, I had a nice conversation with Tom Hoover regarding the 371 six pack that he built years ago for his Barracuda and is now in Dads 70' Dart Swinger.....I was taking notes as fast as I could with alot of engine specs that you just don't find anywhere on the web. This thing has parts and Technology from Mopar Missle Works, Mopars Nascar division (The name Petty came up) and some Street Hemi parts and specs. Dick Oldfield build the 727 Transmission and found out a few tricks he did to that. Such a cool night

:thumblef: very sweet!

Thanks. I never heard that before. I guess it's back to the Chrystal Light then.

Hate to tell you, but crystal light ain't much better (equal, sweet and low, splenda, aspartame are all bad). I ended up doing a bunch of research and now I just drink water for a non-alcoholic beverage.

I had a nice conversation with Tom Hoover.....

MoparBraintrust_zps146cce71.jpg

Scan of a candid Poloroid photo I took in the stands during Thursday afternoon
Super Stock qualifying at the 1977 Springnationals (Columbus, OH).

Red hat - Tom Hoover

Banana Cowboy hat - John Tedder

I just sat there by myself listening to them for an hour or so.

-
Back