73 big *** bumper fix

-

Frodee

Off center a bit
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So, sitting in my garage on my easy chair looking at the front of my 73 Scamp with my new spoiler design I had a hard time looking at my stock front bumper and decided to change it. I took the bumper off and made a fiberglass lower off the bumper and made a cover and painted it body color. Not wanting to hack up my car but leave it so it can be put back to original by just removing the fiberglass glue on covers. picture is not that good but I like the way it turned out.

IMG_20240112_134746313.jpg

IMG_20240112_142536180.jpg

So, sitting in my garage on my easy chair looking at the front of my 73 Scamp with my new spoiler design I had a hard time looking at my stock front bumper and decided to change it. I took the bumper off and made a fiberglass lower off the bumper and made a cover and painted it body color. Not wanting to hack up my car but leave it so it can be put back to original by just removing the fiberglass glue on covers. picture is not that good but I like the way it turned out.

View attachment 1716191285

View attachment 1716191286
That looks great! Can't imagine changing that look ever.

View attachment 1716191285

View attachment 1716191286

Very nice work!!

That is impressive, makes the bumper look like a 72 with a lower valance...from a distance

That is impressive, makes the bumper look like a 72 with a lower valance...from a distance
That's what I thought and looking forward to getting it outside to have a better look.
15*f below here and snow so will have to wait till spring. :thumbsup:

This gives me an idea for 73 & later Duster/Valiants/Darts with the ugly front bumpers.
Thanks for the good idea. Yours looks pretty good to me.

Damn, that is sweeeet! I really like that treatment
Thanks Pound I think I'm going to glue it on soon. I could make more for sale but thinking it's not worth the effort.

That looks great, sure makes that big bumper look smaller.

Double back tape and think it will hold really good.
Make a backup set just in case it doesn't. I was actually curious if bonding at least two bolts into your pieces (maybe one or two) to locate in the existing lower bumper holes?

Make a backup set just in case it doesn't. I was actually curious if bonding at least two bolts into your pieces (maybe one or two) to locate in the existing lower bumper holes?
Almost did that but I think the double back tape will work fine.
I can make new ones I have another bumper I can take a mold off it if I need to.

Interesting.

One of my highest compliments is "looks like something the factory might have done".

So there you go.

Double back tape and think it will hold really good.
Double sided tape and maybe a bead of polyurathane, pretty much how any body kit is held to a modern car. Looks great have though similar for duster would look good

This gives me an idea for 73 & later Duster/Valiants/Darts with the ugly front bumpers.
Thanks for the good idea. Yours looks pretty good to me.
Seen some place a guy use a commaro lip on a duster looked good, i want something similar

Double sided tape and maybe a bead of polyurathane, pretty much how any body kit is held to a modern car. Looks great have though similar for duster would look good
Good Idea thanks.

It would make it look like a valance panel if you painted the air dam and had those covers wrap around the bumper ends as well.

-
Back