73 Colt Project

-

Hyper_pak

Old School Chrysler Fan
Reaction score
Moving to Texas soon and I dug my 73 Colt out of the rafters. This will be my next race car after I get all my stuff moved and get my shop done. Plans are for a tube frame car with serious slant. Looking at an efi motor and a lenco trans. Should be no more than 1700 race ready. Haven't decided what the paint job will be. Could be a Sox or Carlton tribute car. Might do a Shadowoods black with the rear checker flag deal. Open to suggestions!

Attachments

• IMG_4722_25.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 778
  • IMG_4723_25.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 755
  • SOX__MARTIN_COLT.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 849
  • Calton_Indy.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 767
  • RodShop.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 747
  • ShadowoodsPlymouth.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 752
Sox and Martin would be bitchen What part of Texas are ya movin to?

Not sure yet, job is in grand prairie. Got to get out there and figure it out. Big adventure and a ton of work, been here for 40+ years.

I like the 2nd pic the best :headbang:

You mean the gold rod shop car? I noticed that all these cars have gold foil in the lettering. Could that mean something? It's too bad that so many great mopar guys have died, Carlton, Sox, John Hagan, Scott Geofferion. All great guys.

Not sure yet, job is in grand prairie. Got to get out there and figure it out. Big adventure and a ton of work, been here for 40+ years.

Mansfield is gettin popular.Arlington is a neighboring town but the tax might be high there.Thanks to the new Cowboy and Ranger stadiums.

There are 6 tracks in the dfw area not includeing Yellow Belly not avesiable unless you take yo nine and possie!There are a few good machine shops too!

Looking forward to getting out there and getting plugged in! Here is a picture of the Colt in the trailer. 6 x 8, the WHOLE CAR! Gonna be bad.

Attachments

• IMG_4728_25.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 637
Cool project I vote Sox but the Gold one looks good.

Man I am digging the Shadowoods car but I guess you can never go wrong with a Sox & Martin look-a-like. Even non Mopars guys know who they are.

My colt needs paint too. Why do all race cars need to be blue I buy? No matter what its getting the circus paint and lace. Maybe some scales and gold lettering. Im an old pro stock fan.:notworth:

Attachments

• !B+vKdHwCWk~$(KGrHqYOKk!EzMV2VJqcBN!nQwMM5Q~~_12.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 562
Welcome to Texas.......I have been working in the Roanoke, VA area the past five months and its a nice place. Going home next week.
Traffic is bad in DFW....buy or rent carefully or you will have a comute from hell.

My colt needs paint too. Why do all race cars need to be blue I buy? No matter what its getting the circus paint and lace. Maybe some scales and gold lettering. Im an old pro stock fan.:notworth:

You have the car for nostalgia pro stock! Good luck with yours! Roy Hill had a cool paint job also. I am leaning towards the red rod job car, red white and blue.

Welcome to Texas.......I have been working in the Roanoke, VA area the past five months and its a nice place. Going home next week.
Traffic is bad in DFW....buy or rent carefully or you will have a comute from hell.

What were you doing in roanoke? I am working in Grand Prairie and looking around for a 1/2 or 3/4 acre. Need a garage and good (Mopar) neighbors!
Don't want or need the traffic problems.

You thinking like this...

Attachments

• 45.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 510
  • 2023674-291.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 539
My opinion is to do a tribute to Ronnie Lyles. His cars were prepped by S&M looked GREAT in black & red with white trim and ran damn good! I believe a family memeber of his did a Duster, his Colt looked just AWESOME (IMO)

My opinion is to do a tribute to Ronnie Lyles. His cars were prepped by S&M looked GREAT in black & red with white trim and ran damn good! I believe a family memeber of his did a Duster, his Colt looked just AWESOME (IMO)

Thanks for the input. This is the fun part! Need to find a chassis shop. Here is ronnie lyles car!

Attachments

• RonaldLyles.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 435
I was thinking of something with a lace and gold leaf.

Attachments

• 2560017570082607023S600x600Q85.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 710
Thanks for the input. This is the fun part! Need to find a chassis shop. Here is ronnie lyles car!
The Ronald Lyles cars was own by 3 guys ronald eugene and benny
8-15-200762612PM.jpg

8-15-200764100PM.jpg

-
Back