73 Dart Front End & Rear Bumper Swap To 72

-

Gregg440

Reaction score
I am new to A Bodies Only so I am sure the answer is probably already in here somewhere but I cant find it. I have a 73 Dart that I am presently planning on changing the front nose to a 72 (I am told that is not a hard swap). I already have the fenders and a glass 6 pack hood, so I guess I am down to grill and bumper. I would also like to change out the rear bumper that looks like it has police car rubber bumpers on it for a 72. Looking for some tips to make it a little easier. I also mini tubbed it and am installing the spring relocation kit. What should the axel width be to maximize tire size? What back set on the rim. I would like to get the widest tire I can in there.
Thanks,
Gregg

Welcome to FABO, you may consider posting a thread in the welcome wagon introducing yourself...as it's been two weeks since your post, I hope you've received an answer to your questions.

73 to 72 front end...hood, grille, bumper, hardware...maybe a beer or three.

Rear is a little more involved. I've never personally done it, but I believe it involves cutting out the old tail panel and replacing it with the year of your choice...you should be able to find a thread or two detailing the changeover in the body section.

Dunno about the measurements for the rear or what backspace combo, but this may help you in the right direction:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=319697

You could also go in the wheel and tire section and ask, or use the search function. It works if you use it

Good luck--can't wait to see more posts

-
Back