73 Dart Sport Dash Panels removal.

-

lsrguy2007

Reaction score
Hi. I'm redoing my 73 Dart Sport I bought in Arizona a few months ago. The interior is toast so I'm fixing it up. I'm trying to remove the three dash panels. The glove box panel is fairly easy to remove but I'm confused as how to get the center and drivers side panels off. I removed the screws to the center panel but there are nuts on stand offs also holding it on. I have AC so there's a vent below the center panel. If anyone can give me some advice as to how to get to these remaining nuts out I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

There’s no easy way to do this job. I had the windshield out and the dash rocked aft on the lower mount bolts for easier access and still carved up my hands and arms reaching the nuts. If you’re planning to reuse the panels those plastic studs break off at the slightest provocation. Without pulling the windshield your only access is by reaching up behind the dash and working by feel. Best of luck.

There’s no easy way to do this job. I had the windshield out and the dash rocked aft on the lower mount bolts for easier access and still carved up my hands and arms reaching the nuts. If you’re planning to reuse the panels those plastic studs break off at the slightest provocation. Without pulling the windshield your only access is by reaching up behind the dash and working by feel. Best of luck.
Ok. I'll try reaching behind. Thanks.

Ok. I'll try reaching behind. Thanks.

IMG_20240128_111653717.jpg

IMG_20240128_111705862.jpg

I have the dash pad off if that helps.
I does in the sense that you can look down through the exposed slots in the top of the dash and see where many of the fasteners are hiding. You may even be able to reach some of the with the right tools.

-
Back