73 dart wide wheels/ backspacing questions

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
ok im sure somebody can post a link for me as to what im looking for i just couldn't find it!

my dad has a 73 dart LBP with single piston discs on the front, 7.25 in the rear...

we wants to run the same size tire all the way around but wants as wide as possible... but the rims all need the same bs so he can rotate them...

im wondering if swapping a b body (1965) 8.75 will widen the trackin the rear enough so he can run like a 15x7 4.25bs all the way around, light shimming ok...

also wants a 235/245 x 60 in there? what are your thoughts

thx

I run 245/60/14 on my Dart Sport with no problems

DSCN0826.jpg

I am running 245/60/15 tires up front on police rims. Honestly I would not recommend it if you don't have adjustable strut rods or maybe polyurethane strut rod bushings. My car has year or two old rubber bushings up front and adjustable strut rods with heim joints. I think thats what keeps them from hitting. They are pretty close but don't hit. I would go smaller than 245 up front on a stock suspension. I feel like 225/60/15 would be a nice safe zone but Ill admit I haven't seen one of those tires in person lately so I cant say for sure.

i have an a body 8 3/4 and run diplomat 15 x 7 wheels on the rear with 235 60 15 drag radials it don't rub

-
Back