73 dart

-

bigals71dart

Reaction score
ok rodders i was wondering how does one put a 5 speed behind a toyed with 360 as thats wht i wnat to do with my 73 it will havbe a 318 with 727 but would love to put about 400 hp with 355 suregrip 8.75 and od 5 speed help not sure how to do it but will take a couple of years as not rich also anyone ever turbo a small block mopar? thanks alan

if it where me id stick with a mopar 4spd! if you have your heart set on a 5spd there should be a company out there who makes one or makes an adapter plate for one! 4x4 truck guys do that kind of thing all the time!!! as for a turbo i thought long and hard about it but to do it right you would need 2 turbos i think! 1 for each side of the engine 4 cylinders running each turbo! There is a lot of fab work and then when done they put out a lot of heat! If i where going to help my engine breath a little better i would go with a supercharger! they are easy to find and they have kits for SB dodges!!! ebay has used ones once and a while!

You have a welder and a local metal supply company?

If so, go to the junkyard, grab a 5 speed out of a Foxbody Mustang, get the adapter kit to bolt to a small block chrysler, weld up the transmission crossmember and bolt it in. Grad the linkage and all of that off of the Mustang if you dont already have it. I say a Foxbody Mustang because they are plentiful and the transmission will hold up to 500hp/tq.

Turbo, wooohooo lets go fast. First off some of the fastest turbo cars are single turbo, you dont need twin turbos. If this car is going to be street driven I would go with a small turbo that could spin up at low rpms, generating more torque and low end power. Of course, to make it work, headers, different exhaust, intercooler, lots of things. But turbos off of the old Mopar K-cars can be had for 50 dollars, and rebuilt for as little as 300 dollars. They can also be tuned to turn 10 lbs of boost, which is more then enough for a street v-8.

-
Back