73 Dodge Dart Swinger

-
I can't really tell from the picture, but it almost looks like you need a heater-a/c-radio bezel...I just happen to have one for sale that will fit your car :)

That looks pretty good man! The body on yours is in way better shape than my '72 Scamp-I can't wait to see more on yours. What front brakes were you planning to do? And is your location (G-ville) correct? My wife's from there...

I'm converting fronts to disc... I'm using spindles, porp. valve, and caliper brackets from a 73/74 duster. Everything else I'm just going to get new. Yep Greenville.

I can't really tell from the picture, but it almost looks like you need a heater-a/c-radio bezel...I just happen to have one for sale that will fit your car :)

Well it's there, somebody cut on it some to install a radio though. It''s missing some of the pad looking trim. I will probably replace it, don't know if I have the money to do it now. Getting the trans right and everything else left me pretty broke... How much are you wanting for it?

Well it's there, somebody cut on it some to install a radio though. It''s missing some of the pad looking trim. I will probably replace it, don't know if I have the money to do it now. Getting the trans right and everything else left me pretty broke... How much are you wanting for it?

My ad is in the interior parts for sale, but I'd like $30+shipping. I bought it how you see it several years ago not realizing it wouldn't fit my car. Two of the eight studs on the back are broken, but I would think it would attach with no issues. The chrome trim is a little dulled, and there are a couple very small spots where the wood color finish is wearing away. Otherwise, the radio opening is uncut-still completely serviceable.

edit: I didn't realize till after I took the picture, there must've been some debris (parts wrapper?) on the left radio stem hole...but, it's uncut.

Attachments

• heater ac radio bezel.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 173
Well got the kickdown linkage perfect and she shifts like a dream. Thank you Transgo. Seems to be running great now. It feels good when hard work pays off.
:burnout:

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 13.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 160
Welcome to the forum! I've been away from the site for a while. I've got a 73..kinda partial to the body style..I'm down in Columbia

Welcome to the forum! I've been away from the site for a while. I've got a 73..kinda partial to the body style..I'm down in Columbia

Yeah, I love the 73 body. Other than the front bumper sticks out a little far. Stupid govenment safety regulations. But I did find a way to remedy that. Anyway, good to see some other people from SC on here...

Finished the front disc brakes... Got the other wheels and tires on. Finally got to burn some rubber today, feels good. :D

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 12.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 136
So have you had a chance to drive her with the new disc setup? How do you like it?

Also...what size tires are you running now?

Yeah I have, it's way better with the discs. With the drums, felt like you had to stand on them to get it to stop. The car was way to heavy to have 9" drums all the way around... Only put discs on the front, but it makes a world of difference. The tires are 225 60 r15. That was as big as I could get on the wheels cause they only have 3.5" back spacing.

Thats awesome man. I've had a few scary moments thanks to those same 9" drums. Most people don't remember how much work it took to stop one of these beasts...

The tires look good...plenty of meat there!:burnout:

Thats awesome man. I've had a few scary moments thanks to those same 9" drums. Most people don't remember how much work it took to stop one of these beasts...

The tires look good...plenty of meat there!:burnout:

LOL, yeah guess that's why they used to call them panic brakes.

LOL, yeah guess that's why they used to call them panic brakes.

LOL you got that right! You got any good Mopar boneyards up your way?? I've got access to a few here in Columbia...but I'm always on the look-out. Lemme know if there's anything little that you are looking for. There's a few A bodies of our vintage laying around close by.

LOL you got that right! You got any good Mopar boneyards up your way?? I've got access to a few here in Columbia...but I'm always on the look-out. Lemme know if there's anything little that you are looking for. There's a few A bodies of our vintage laying around close by.

Really haven't found many good ones up here. It's hard to find the old stuff. There is an ok one in Iva, SC. I got my spindles, caliper brackets and a lot of my other stuff from Parts Unlimited LLC. It's a Mopar boneyard in Danville, VA. Even with shipping, the price is pretty good. Still searching for a closer one though....

-
Back