73 DS heater box to 75

-

Valiantsignet20

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a 73 Dart Sport AC/heater box will fit a 75 Dart Sport? I am not sure. Didn't they change the controls between those years? And if so will the 75 still work on the 73 box?

They will swap UNLESS one is a AC car and the other is a nonAC car. The hole in the firewall for the blower moters are different.

I'm moving a 72 Duster non AC heater box to a 73 Dart Sport AC car. The box moves over AND the firewall too. As said earlier, the blowers are in a diff. location as is the heater core inlet/outlet.

Also, the AC controls are all vacuum operated, the non AC ones are cable. So the controls move over too. The control plate is small on the cable, so the dash needs a mod. We just moved the whole 72 dash over.

Does anyone know if a 73 Dart Sport AC/heater box will fit a 75 Dart Sport? I am not sure. Didn't they change the controls between those years? And if so will the 75 still work on the 73 box?

A/C controls were pushbutton operated from at least 1966-1972. Not sure about 65 and earlier. The 73s had a lever working the vacuum manifold for sure.

-
Back