'73 Duster-- 6.4 Hemi, Megasquirt, Tremec 5 Speed

-
I got my headers in the mail today.
IMAG0497.jpg

Dude , awesome progress !! That car will be friggin sweet when all done ! .. Will be doing a lot of cruising with Bernard and his sublime barracuda before you know it !

Tonight may be some sort of milestone. I installed the first parts that (hopefully) won't be coming back off. I need to get the brake lines made so I can get the motor back in.
-Jon
20121004_190747.jpg

The dipstick tube I had didn't fit with the headers and the car front cover so I made this one out of it.

20121101_180242.jpg

These are the seats I'm going to be using. E46 BMW power sport seats from a coupe so the backs will tilt forward. They're adjusted all the way forward and all the way up.
20121101_195046.jpg

im looking forward to seing your tunnel and crossmember mods for the TKO, as youre doing a similar swap to me tranny wise. what shifter are you running?

man, I really like your car....and how you are building it....Kudos to ya

Very nice build, wish I had your talents.

Quick question, that must be a pull slave for the clutch but which slave is that and what are the specs?

Thanks,

Very nice build, wish I had your talents.

Quick question, that must be a pull slave for the clutch but which slave is that and what are the specs?

Thanks,

It's actually a push slave. I'm using a t5 mustang clutch fork and release bearing. If I remember correctly it's a Tilton 7/8" slave.

Thanks for the compliments. Hopefully I'll get to working on it again some day soon.
-Jon

It's actually a push slave. I'm using a t5 mustang clutch fork and release bearing. If I remember correctly it's a Tilton 7/8" slave.

Thanks for the compliments. Hopefully I'll get to working on it again some day soon.
-Jon

I think that's going to be a problem because you have to pull on the fork to release the clutch.

You would have to pull it if you were using the stock Mopar clutch parts, but the the Mustang T5 has the pivot ball on the right side of the bellhousing.
-Jon

I love the work you have done. One question I have is since you closed off the cowl vent where will you get adequate clean airflow for the heat/ac from?

The classic auto air unit I'm using doesn't have a fresh air intake. It's recirculated all the time.
Jon

About time you get back to work on that ! I should have known you would have put something from a BMW in it !! No Benz AMG diff ??? !!! ....

-
Back