73 Duster for sale in Georgia (NOT MINE)

-
Beaker

1406551257.jpg

That is a LOT of money for a Ford-engine-bayed beaker
Dart sports were beakers after ‘72...but Dusters weren’t.

The difference between Dodge and Plymouth.

Perhaps you should spend a bit more time learning the history of these cars before you post your erroneous opinion.

Just sayin’

Way over priced for a "restored" car that's not "restored". And that's not Petty Blue....is it?

Dart sports were beakers after ‘72...but Dusters weren’t.

The difference between Dodge and Plymouth.

Perhaps you should spend a bit more time learning the history of these cars before you post your erroneous opinion.

Just sayin’
If it ain't smooth like a 70-72 duster, it's a beaker
Sure, dart sports were even worse, but that doesn't excuse the duster

My point, however is this: 73 and up A-bodies just dont bring the money that 70-72s do, whatever you want to call em

If it ain't smooth like a 70-72 duster, it's a beaker
Sure, dart sports were even worse, but that doesn't excuse the duster

My point, however is this: 73 and up A-bodies just dont bring the money that 70-72s do, whatever you want to call em

I think you’re trying to draw a correlation between how a car looks relative to its resale value? In the case of pretty well all cars from ‘72 onwards, they got heavier with safety equipment with a greater focus on fuel economy. Performance (high compression engines, multiple carbs) took a back seat as gas and insurance costs increased as well.

What’s ironic in your reasoning is the later year (‘73+) A bodies sold in far greater numbers than the ‘70 to ‘72 A bodies. The best selling year of the 340 Dart Sport/Demon was 1973 which was the first year of the beak! The Dart Sports sold if far greater numbers in ‘73 and ‘74 than the ‘71 and ‘72 Demons!

Putting it another way, more beaker Dart Sports were sold than Demons! Clearly peeps didn’t mind the beak. But to state the beak is a reason why they don’t command as much money is wrong. The beak cars didn’t have performance engines which is why they don’t command as much money now.

I think you’re trying to draw a correlation between how a car looks relative to its resale value? In the case of pretty well all cars from ‘72 onwards, they got heavier with safety equipment with a greater focus on fuel economy. Performance (high compression engines, multiple carbs) took a back seat as gas and insurance costs increased as well.

What’s ironic in your reasoning is the later year (‘73+) A bodies sold in far greater numbers than the ‘70 to ‘72 A bodies. The best selling year of the 340 Dart Sport/Demon was 1973 which was the first year of the beak! The Dart Sports sold if far greater numbers in ‘73 and ‘74 than the ‘71 and ‘72 Demons!

Putting it another way, more beaker Dart Sports were sold than Demons! Clearly peeps didn’t mind the beak. But to state the beak is a reason why they don’t command as much money is wrong. The beak cars didn’t have performance engines which is why they don’t command as much money now.
That's like saying a dodge neon should bring a higher price then a dart sport, because when they were new more of em were sold

All I was saying is that in general, a 70-72 brings a higher price then a 73-75...all things being equal, the earlier years TODAY bring more money

As for the front end, it is what it is, I dont know if it connects to the price today, but it's an easy way to recognize em, so that's why I pointed it out

That's like saying a dodge neon should bring a higher price then a dart sport, because when they were new more of em were sold

All I was saying is that in general, a 70-72 brings a higher price then a 73-75...all things being equal, the earlier years TODAY bring more money

As for the front end, it is what it is, I dont know if it connects to the price today, but it's an easy way to recognize em, so that's why I pointed it out

Carefull; I didn’t draw a correlation between higher sales volume/production and higher resale value. I stated the beaker Darts sold in greater volumes than the Demons. Folks back in the day didn’t mind the beaks; they loved them! That’s not to say folks now like that styling though.

It’s not the beaks that has the Dart Sports now bringing in lower prices than the Demons. It’s the fact the Dart Sports didn’t have the performance models the Demons had! The performance models are what the folks are paying the premium for now.

What does the "Ford engine bayed" part mean? Just curious. I was expecting the engine bay to be black, but it's not so I'm not quite sure what that means.
If the engine bay was completely black I would have called it a Chevy, but if you look close,you'll see the firewall is painted black...seems to have a Ford vibe to me

I live/work in Marietta and I have never seen this car anywhere around these parts. That doesn't mean that the car doesn't exist, it's just a little strange that I have never seen it anywhere. According to the map on the ad, it's about 2 streets over from where I work. Perhaps a half mile - maybe. If anyone needs eyes on it, let me know....

If the engine bay was completely black I would have called it a Chevy, but if you look close,you'll see the firewall is painted black...seems to have a Ford vibe to me

Oh damn I didn't even notice that the first time around.

-
Back