73 duster gauge bulb socket / holder?

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
Had a gauge bulb out. I was very careful but still broke the little tabs off the bulb adapter to the dash. It's the little 158 bulbs. I went to Napa, O'Reilly, autozone. I gave up looking for that little black adapter. I see a few on eBay, but there's no description of the size. Plus they are a kit with LED bulbs. I plan to just run the 158's. What do you call those little black adapters and where the heck can I order them. Google isn't bringing up any helpful suppliers.

The "adapter" is actually the socket. There's a guy on here always selling stuff "Whitepunknitro" is a likely suspect. I don't know where off hand to get "repops."

I got some at napa $ 6.00 each , they are 5/8 " I believe. I had to do my research and tell them what to order because they said they couldn't get them.
Yote

You can find them on the HELP line at most part stores.

Napa, autozone etc don't carry them where I live.

Move. Just kidding ( I don't know where you live ). I often state that these sockets can be found on the HELP line of products in most part stores. The counter clerk may not be aware of every item on that rack.
Most owners here are looking to replace 1 or 2 broken sockets. My niche in all this is the A-body rally panel. It is more difficult to R&R and more fragile too. So if/when I R&R one of these I will replace all 8 bulb sockets, broken or not.
Because the HELP rack might not have just 1 package of 3 sockets, I could visit every part store attempting to gather the 8 sockets needed. I just order them online and pick up in store.
I'm pretty sure ebay offers these sockets in a package of 10 if that helps.
For bulbs I use Sylvania #2825. It is a long life incandescent bulb and slightly brighter than OEM.

-
Back