73 Duster headliner

-

Elís Máni

Reaction score
I have a 1973 340 Duster. The headliner that is currently in it looks just like painted black fiberglass and does not looks good at all. i would like to replace it with a soft headliner. So my questions are what were the factory headliner options for the 73 model Duster and where could i get my hands on a soft headliner and kit.

Thank you,
-Elís M

It really depends. In 1973 they used both rods for the first part of 73 and a cardboard headliner for the other half. No one is repopping the cardboard headliners but you can get an ABS plastic one.

I bought one from www.rockauto.com. You do have to test fit it and trim a little off the front and back. But once it's fitted you can re-upholster it. You can however buy one that's already covered but most people have to pull the front and backs away and trim anyway.

I just did my headliner a few months ago.

Riddler

I have a 1973 340 Duster. The headliner that is currently in it looks just like painted black fiberglass and does not looks good at all. i would like to replace it with a soft headliner. So my questions are what were the factory headliner options for the 73 model Duster and where could i get my hands on a soft headliner and kit.

Thank you,
-Elís M
Make one.

You have tips for making one, or you just suggesting?
Be a little more observant on the Forum. If there's something you want look for it. On the same part of the Forum on Interiors just a few steps down you can see a thread called can it be done homemade headliner. Check it out.

-
Back