73 duster rear leaf spring question?

-

flathead31coupe

Reaction score
So today I had time to work on my dusir. I had a set of Lee Springs that were left over from another project duster. But I wanna put on my current project duster. The problem I'm having is the new spring Front bushing Uses a half in bolt... My orig.
Inal spring I took off uses a 5/8 bolt.. The front spring hanger is also 5/8... Would it be possible to weld 1/2 washers on each side of the Spring hanger and use the 1/2 bolts

I would think the proper front eye bushing would be the sane solution.
There are many different front hanger solutions available as well.

what OD bushing do you have in front? 1.5 or 2"? call energy suspension, they probably have a poly one that has the proper ID and OD....my '76 had 9/16" bolts, and it turns out the spring eye bushings for a square body chevy half ton worked perfect (1.5" OD, 9/16" ID) for the used 6 leaf HD springs I picked up from a member.

what OD bushing do you have in front? 1.5 or 2"? call energy suspension, they probably have a poly one that has the proper ID and OD....my '76 had 9/16" bolts, and it turns out the spring eye bushings for a square body chevy half ton worked perfect (1.5" OD, 9/16" ID) for the used 6 leaf HD springs I picked up from a member.
Ty

-
Back