73 duster rear leaf spring question?

-

flathead31coupe

Reaction score
So today I had time to work on my dusir. I had a set of Lee Springs that were left over from another project duster. But I wanna put on my current project duster. The problem I'm having is the new spring Front bushing Uses a half in bolt... My orig.
Inal spring I took off uses a 5/8 bolt.. The front spring hanger is also 5/8... Would it be possible to weld 1/2 washers on each side of the Spring hanger and use the 1/2 bolts

I would think the proper front eye bushing would be the sane solution.
There are many different front hanger solutions available as well.

I looked up the part number on the springs Looks like it came as a kit.
That has the front Spring mounts with the 1/2 id.. Which I do not have

You had HD bushings.
You're Going to standard duty.
If your HD springs are sagged out, I would just get them re-arched and maybe add an extra main leaf from eye to eye. That worked for me over 40 years ago.

I'm sure if you stuck up a wanted add for the proper spring hangers that someone would have them.

what OD bushing do you have in front? 1.5 or 2"? call energy suspension, they probably have a poly one that has the proper ID and OD....my '76 had 9/16" bolts, and it turns out the spring eye bushings for a square body chevy half ton worked perfect (1.5" OD, 9/16" ID) for the used 6 leaf HD springs I picked up from a member.

what OD bushing do you have in front? 1.5 or 2"? call energy suspension, they probably have a poly one that has the proper ID and OD....my '76 had 9/16" bolts, and it turns out the spring eye bushings for a square body chevy half ton worked perfect (1.5" OD, 9/16" ID) for the used 6 leaf HD springs I picked up from a member.
Ty

-
Back