73 Duster Speedo cable - tranny side

-

RGAZ

Diehard
Reaction score
So I have a /6 base duster auto. I got a new speedo cable and the gauge end is correct (plastic snap on) the tranny side is totally different. It has a 7/8" threaded cap that holds the end on while the cable has a smaller 5/8" hand thread nut. I searched parts lists and it keeps showing me the new one I have.

How do I find the right one? Maybe another year/model?

Thanks,
RGAZ

Listings have really gone crazy on some things- the 5/8" ends don't fit anything that I know of until the late '80s when they started putting VSS sensors on the trans., yet they list them for everything from the late '60s onward...
I did some hunting and came up with this one on Rock Auto that should work for you (from a '76 D100 truck, no less):
More Information for ATP Y819

Awesome! Thanks, that is the right one. I could not figure out how to find it.,

I just have to add that I really, really appreciate the search you did. I went through a ton of possibilities and never found this. Thanks a million, you are really a life-saver here.

RGAZ

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks, that is the right one. I could not figure out how to find it.,

I just have to add that I really, really appreciate the search you did. I went through a ton of possibilities and never found this. Thanks a million, you are really a life-saver here.

RGAZ
My pleasure- we all gotta work together sometimes to keep these ol' girls on the road!

-
Back