73 Duster to 69 Valiant grill conversion parts needed?

-

73 408 Duster

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 73 Duster and am interested in doing a 69 Valiant grill conversion on it. I have read a few threads on this and it looks like i need the top hood latch apron, the lower apron, earlier hood, and of course the grill and bezels. Is this correct, are there anymore parts needed to do the switch, are the fenders the same on pre / post 73 Dusters?

Thanks,
73 408 Duster

You will need the front bumper and brackets too.
The fenders will work fine, as a matter of fact, i have a '74 front fender on my '69 Valiant.

Your hood will work, but you will have a gap at the top, where the relief is for the Plymouth header, on the aluminum trim that clads the plastic grille.

Technically, you're looking for the header panel that holds the grille, behind it, that has the hood latch and spring, the hood, you'll have to remove the die cast fender fillers for the '73 bumper, you'll need a '67-'72 Valiant bumper w/ brackets, headlamp bezels and maybe some wiring for the front signals. Not sure on differences in wiring length for bulb sockets. You may have to find out after the fact.

-
Back