73 duster with 440 wanting to fit brake booster

-

barty005

Reaction score
Anyone got any info on what will fit. there isn't a lot of room so would have to have a reasonble rise in the bracket and a small sized booster.

Not too sure, but wouldn't raising it cause hood clearance issues?

Long time ago I bought a 70 Swinger that had a transplanted 440 in it plus still had the original small round A Body booster and bracket on it. So it does fit - barely!. Might be better to use one of the yet smaller in diameter aftermarket boosters - like one of those 8 inches or so if you need to have a booster.

Not too sure, but wouldn't raising it cause hood clearance issues?

thats why i was hopping some else may have some ideas on if it can be done or maybe some dimensions of brackets etc so i can mock up something to see if it will fit. would have to be a 8 or 7 inch I would think.

My guess is that if you could fit the booster in it with a big block, you'd never be able to remove the valve cover if you wanted to! Have a friend with a 500 inch motor in a 68 dart and he told me I was smart planning on staying with a small block! LOL! I have a fresh 440 in the garage that I would love to put in my 70 duster but I want to run power brakes too!

Brother Dave's '72 Duster with a 440 and it's original brake booster.

5096_zps60848dd4.jpg

5107_zpsbe92a81f.jpg

5097c2_zpsb180e7d8.jpg

a stock abody power brake set up actually gives you more room with a big block because of how it sits higher then the manual master cyl.

-
Back