73 K-Member question

-

bmxican

Mopar Aficionado
Reaction score
Hello, Since the last time I posted some questions, you guys here at FABO told me to ditch the '67 K-Member in my '67 Barracuda and look for a +'73 K-Member. I found a complete one with a power steering box and all the steering and brake components in order. The guys said he would deliver it to my place for $250. What do you guys thing?

Step in the right direction for my 440 fish? In the process of buying some super stock spring and rancho shocks as well. Thanks! :D

Make sure it still has the upper control arms. You need them.

You're going to put in a 440 right?

You'll still need Shumacher conversion mounts. But you're going to get the conversion disk to big bolt pattern, better sway bar mount through the K-member, easier to findand cheaper idler and pitman.

Cool, it's BBP. Everything looks like it's in pretty good condition. The guy who delivered it was super chill. Do you guys recommend getting some stiffer torsion bars going BB?

Thanks for the input! :D

1973kmember2.jpg

1973kmember2.jpg

Looks good!

Yes, I'd upgrade the torsion bars. How big depends on what you want to do with your car and how you like your vehicles to ride. I'd say at least a .92 or .94 bar. I like my cars to handle though, so personally I'd put 1" torsion bars in it myself, maybe even 1.06". My small block Challenger has 1.12" torsion bars in it now, and while its stiff, its not punishing, and it is my daily ride. But its also quite a bit heavier.

Yes, I have a proportioning valve from a previous set of spindles I purchased which are now for sale. They look just like the spindles on this 73 K-Member. Thank you for your hep guys!

i wouldn't even bat an eye. it would probably be in the back of the truck already.

Torsion bars no smaller than .920" are recommended (my opinion) along with a front sway bar.

-
Back