73 Scamp wiper linkage

-
Reaction score
Not sure if this is correct thread to add this, but does anyone have a picture of how the linkage arms all fit together? I have the original fsm and I cannot find anything on wiper motor or linkages. My bushings are all crumbled away and I’m not sure how the arms are supposed to connect.

Yes,,,here are the arms in my 73 Dart,,,,I’m assuming they are identical .

IMG_5422.jpeg

IMG_5420.jpeg

IMG_5419.jpeg

IMG_5418.jpeg

IMG_5417.jpeg

IMG_5416.jpeg

IMG_5414.jpeg

IMG_5412.jpeg

IMG_5409.jpeg

The ones marked Orange are the driver’s side,,,the blue are the passenger side .
The parts were color marked from the factory .

Also,,,,,the parts are stamped L and R from the factory .

Tommy

I ordered new factory bushings for my repair,,,,,,what a bear,,,,almost impossible to press together,,,,had use a press ,,,,literally ,,,damaged a couple of them because they were so tight .
Went to the help board at Oreillys,,,,,cheaper and worked better .

Make sure you cycle the motor and let it park in place before you reattach the arm to it .
That way the motor is in the correct position .

Tommy

WOW, your my hero!!!! Thank you so much this will be so helpful! Having to fix these under the dash is a whole new experience and one that I’m dreading lol.

Yes,,,,I had to remove the dash where I could get to everything .
After that it was much better .
You might consider working on your seals for the wiper pivots ?
While you have it all out,,,,it is a lot easier .

Tommy

Yea I should look into that, are the seals available? I think the driver side may be frozen as well, it doesn’t want to turn by hand and I don’t think it should be that stiff. When you say you removed the dash, are you referring to the pad or the whole dash?

No ,,, I’m sorry,,,,the instrument cluster .

Yes,,,you are right,,,,the pivots can be basically frozen,,,,and unable to turn .
I took mine and lubed them and kept working them back and forth,,,,,after that they were perfect .

Tommy

-
Back