Status
Not open for further replies.

gregpurcell

Greg Purcell
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Contact seller
This is a used set of small block to big block "Spool Type" conversion mounts for a 73 up A B F M J body. These conversion mounts are designed to adapt a big block engine to a factory small block V8 K frame.
I bought these years ago at a swap meet and never used them. I do not know the brand or how well they work. a couple of the bolts are gone. Please look carefully at the pics.

Located in Savannah, GA I need $65 plus $10 for the ride.
Thanks for looking!

DSC04017.JPG

DSC04018.JPG

DSC04019.JPG

Dam those look narrow. Don’t look like any I’ve seen b4. Are the rubber inserts degrading. Looks like so me of the rubber is broken off. I would like them if I knew for sure that’s what the are. Is there a left and a right? Thanks. Kim

Kim: They DO look narrow. I haven't seen any like them before. There ARE outside chunks of the rubber breaking off but it doesn't look rotted.
I didn't get any type of paperwork with them and I don't have a block or a k frame to try them on. IF there is a left and right, it would be determined by the off spacing of the bottom of the mount. They do look slightly different to me. I have all the reservations that you have so I don't want anybody buying them based on what I know, because I don't know much :)
Sorry to be so little help.

Greg, Did u ever compare them to the other bb mounts u sold? Maybe they bolt between the block ears. Can u measure them? Height and width. Thanks. Kim

Greg, Did u ever compare them to the other bb mounts u sold? Maybe they bolt between the block ears. Can u measure them? Height and width. Thanks. Kim
Kim: I DID compare them to the stock motor mounts. The holes were in the correct places to bolt to the tabs and the base was the correct dimension to fit between the "ears" of the k frame. I'll post some measurements tomorrow.

I've seen similar before. I forget who made them but they fit INSIDE the ears rather than outside like the factory stuff.

One time I bought a 73 road runner that someone had put a big block on a small block spool type K frame with the stock big block mounts. The motor was sitting about 1/2 inch forward of where it should. The fan was almost hitting the rad and the transmission mount had a 1/2 inch adapter plate to bolt in the tranny. The carb and kickdown linkage was modified and there was a 2 inch gap between the back of the motor and the firewall. It was a running and driving car however.

When we modify the SB spool k frame we move the ears back about 1/2 inch.

By that logic, these mounts should set the block back by about 1/2 inch. Bolting to the inside of the block ears, I could see how that would happen.

Here's the additional measurements I've been promising. Additional notes: only one rubber is chipped. The spacing seems equal on all sides meaning there is probably NOT a left and right side.

DSC04029.JPG

DSC04030.JPG

DSC04031.JPG

DSC04032.JPG

DSC04037.JPG

DSC04038.JPG

DSC04039.JPG

DSC04040.JPG

DSC04042.JPG

rubbers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.