73 up spool mount V8 K frames at local salvage

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Hi Y'all,

the local salvage yard here in Abilene called FM600 wrecking has quite a few A bodies with V8 K frames from 73 up, and some with the 68 to 72 ones. most have engines in them so the engine mounts are all there too.

i am not interested in going out there to pull any of these. i have no time, and already have a 73 up K frame for my project, just letting y'all know they are there, before these cars get crushed out. i have not seen anymore A body mopars hitting the newer parts of the yard , only late model FWD S##T. most of these A bodies have been there 10 years or more, and have become rat poop specials. i have not seen a B or E body in there for years either, but once steel goes up and wrecking yard space is needed they will get crushed out.

remember this is a working wrecking yard not a classic car salvage yard. they have really no interest holding on to this stuff. once theres nothing useable left or they need the space it gets flattened out, and sent off to the shredder. occasionally they will save something unusual, like a 64 barracuda thats completely stripped, but has a good back glass, or the nash metro with nothing left of it but good curved rear windows but its not often

you can contact Gene, or Ronnie at (325) 672 2597 let them know Matt Maloney sent you. i have been going there for almost 20 years for my parts. they have always treated me fairly.

this has been a public service announcement :)

FM600 wrecking is located at

9402 west lake Rd.
Abilene TX. 79601

its easy to get to take the FM600 exit from I-20 for farm road 600, head north on FM600 when you see the lake on your right hand side, start looking to the left. you cant miss it. theres over 10 acres of cars and trucks.

hope this helps
Matt

-
Back