73up Brake Caliber?

-

mopars

Reaction score
Hey
I"m curious on how the Brakets work that hold the Caliber on? There is one big clips and one small for each side.
thanks

P2210946.jpg

P2210947.jpg

P2210948.jpg

Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but yeah, those clips are all that hold the caliper on. The clips allow the caliper to "float" back and forth as pressure is applied to the caliper piston. As the brake pedal is pressed, the pressure pushes the piston in the caliper out and presses the rear pad against the rotor. as that happens, the entire caliper "floats" and pushes the outside pad against the rotor. The combined action clamps both pads onto the rotor and that obviously stops the car.

I think what you're asking is are they on right. Looks like to me from the pics they are both upside down.

The oblong pad on the small clip push down on the top edge of the pad, The best I remember and the shape of both should match when bolted together.

Yeah, you might be right - now that I think about it, that thin "bar" on the big clip rests on the outside lip of the caliper mounting bracket. (I think)

-
Back