74 318 Swinger modified w/4 bbl

-

ddume

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
All the aggravation to convert the 2bbl cable and kickdown to operate the eddy 600 is over!

I watched the LOKAR installation video, and ordered both cables from Summit, along with the bracket.
The secondary's pop open without under load in driveway. But not with acc. cable on road.

Now the rear seal under Wiand manifold leaks when vehicle is forced to perform.
I use the Victor silicone RTV for quick patch, and it holds well until I can pull intake and reseal it.

My question to all, it seems the crankcase pressure builds up and forces this oil leak at sealed area.
The PCV system is working with new hose and valve. The breather cap was switched to a shelf piece with the standard holes under it's lower flange.

Should this breather cap be replaced with an open element unit?
The rebuilt motor with all aluminum heads and such runs strong. I did consider switching out to the 400hp built 413 which came out of the 64 300K. But too much $$ would have to be spent.

I will update when both Lokar cables are installed and adjusted, but, I still need to figure out the crankcase pressure under constant accelerating test runs.

Thanks Guys and Gals.:prayer:
ddume in N. Virginia

I've never used the Lokar cable. I just bent (very mildly) the 2bbl throttle cable bracket and was able to make it work. Depends on which carb your using, I have had to put a small 1 1/2 spacer between the cable and the carb. Sometimes I put a small bolt in the kickdown slot so that it work properly. I never really considered it a big deal.

They do sell the Chrysler bracket for the eddy to make it easier. It's like 10 bucks

Awesome response with these Lokar cables, dialed the 4 bbl mod. right on!

ddume

-
Back