74-75 360 Crank drilled for a 4 speed?

-

Moparsrul

Reaction score
What are the chances of 74-75 360 Crankshaft being drilled for a 4speed? I have a running 360 in a car and have been thinking about putting it into a Demon I have to get it running. I just have not messed with many small blocks. Thanks !

Real good if it came out of a manual transmission vehicle. From an automatic, not so much.

I’ve built quite a few 360’s and having a machine shop drill out the crank end is not bad for a pilot bushing. There are quite a few already drilled for that application.
Pick up the bushing and leave it dry and try to see if it is close to start with. You may need to clean up the hole with sand paper but truck 360’s are good because of the usage. My last 75’ out of a Córdoba was drilled and my 4 speed went right together.

You probably want to use the Magnum roller bearing instead of the bronze bushing. In that case you can either trim the trans input shaft or drill the back of the crank for clearance, which won't require an precision hole, so you should be able to do it with crank in the motor. The bearing mounts in the recess where the torque converter pilot would go.

Mopar Performance Pilot Bearing

I have a 360 crank, without a home, it already has a pilot bushing in it.
Not sure what it came out of, but I will let it go cheap if you need it.

Thanks too all for the help that's what I like about this site. The conclusion is that it is pretty much the same as a B or TH block with the same option if it's not drilled I'm very familiar with that! Lol

I've drilled them out before on a drill press, standing on the nose of the crank. It's not hard to do.

"Feel lucky" The crank of my 5.9 gas 2500 I just sold was not drilled AT ALL!! LOL

I have a 360 crank, without a home, it already has a pilot bushing in it.
Not sure what it came out of, but I will let it go cheap if you need it.
I know this is an old thread but what are the chances you still have that crank?

-
Back