74 & 75 Dodge Dart "Hang Ten" Special Edition Cars

-
$33K (Price includes the 10% buyer commission)

33 k with 10/% commission included.
Then there is sales tax (depending on the state you live if apical)
Then possible cost of transport from auction.
At the end of the day it all adds up.
I think 29,700.00 is a respectable price for a car that looks that nice in pictures.
Nice to see that A body cars are slowly commanding good money at both auction and Private sales.
Would be nice to know of any other 70's era A body's that sold at auction and what there price was
to use as a barometer of the current sales market.
Just a thought.
Happy mopar :)
Arron

Hello All.
Question,
In looking at the pictures of the "Hang 10" I noticed the AC compressor is not the standard Chrysler RV 2 type.
The high and low pressure hoses, receiver dryer, and under dash unit all look aftermarket.
Was this a dealer install option ?
Was this installed aftermarket (local AC garage?)
Does anyone think this affected the hammer price of the car ether up or down?
Happy Mopar :)
Arron

Blue Box.jpg
Blue Box 1.jpg

That under dash unit looks like a factory one, the AC cars had extra ducting like that. I dont believe that is a factory compressor though. That car also does not have the factory AC heater controls. Definitely a cobbled together aftermarket system.

That under dash unit looks like a factory one, the AC cars had extra ducting like that. I dont believe that is a factory compressor though.
York/Tecumseh compressor. They were used heavily in the aftermarket.

That under dash unit looks like a factory one, the AC cars had extra ducting like that. I dont believe that is a factory compressor though. That car also does not have the factory AC heater controls. Definitely a cobbled together aftermarket system.
Hello All.
I have to disagree on the under dash being Factory.
In the picture of the Hang Ten you can see the thumb wheel to control the vent position is in the center of all three vents. (See the foremost left vent)
In a factory unit the thumb wheel is on the right side (second fin from right)
They also have different number of fins in the vent ducts.
I think the on / off and temp control switches are to the left of the steering wheel under the dash.

The second part of my question was "Does anyone think this aftermarket unit affected the hammer price of the car ether up or down?"

hang Ten under dash unit 1.jpg

Under dash AC unit zz.jpg

Underdash AC unit 3.jpg

Thanks,
Arron

Last edited:
Hang 10's are cool!
Saw one for sale at Mopar Nats a couple years back. Man I wanted that thing!
My uncle had one of those when I was a kid and always thought it was cool. I have a really nice Dart I'd give up for a Hang 10.

I had one, 318 auto. It was rough and was so faded that it just looked white from a distance. Got it running and sold it to a lady named Christine who sold screen printed umbrellas and stuff at the Mopar Nationals.

Went back a couple years later and she had fully restored it; that gal made the Hang Ten a real 10! Found new seat material and everything.
Super nice lady and if she's still at the Nats, stop by and say hi to her.

If by chance you are seriously looking to buy one check this out. It's available cause I will be moving in the not too distant future.
Shutterfly If you need a password send me an IM
And yea I'll throw in the surfboard as well.

Hang 10 002.jpg

Hang 10 011.jpg

Hang 10 007.jpg

Hello Meathead66
Incredible example of vintage 70's Mopar.
You have done it proud.
Thanks for sharing the pix.
Hope it goes to a good home that will show it so all can enjoy.
Arron

Nicely done car. Not getting bid the money for any a body car much less a Hang 10 in my humble opinion. Granted it’s not a high valued car but in that condition besides being somewhat scarce it should be twice that.

A little late to the game here. but here is a picture of mine. All original, 360 auto. bought it from the 2nd owner back in 1984.

hangten1.jpg

Hangten2.jpg

Last edited:
A little late to the game here. but here is a picture of mine. All original, 360 auto. bought it from the 2nd owner back in 1984.

Hello Pag5.
That hang 10 looks like a 12 in my book.
Really nice.
Will you have it at Carlisle this year?
If so looking forward to seeing it and meeting a fellow FABO member.
Arron.

-
Back