[WANTED] 74 clutch pedals

-
I have 67-72 The only difference is the brake pedal arm is turned sideways on a 73-76 for safety requirements

100_0041.JPG

100_0042.JPG

100_0043 (2).JPG

100_0044 (2).JPG

no they're different.

ETA: from a strictly bolt in stand point, no they will not work. if you have a grinder, hammers and a welder, then sure you can make them fit.
I remember from when I converted mine, the only real difference was that the pivot shaft was slightly longer on the clutch pedal version, and there was a very small brace welded into the hanger bracket.

It's been twenty five years, but I remember this because I saw that brace and I thought I would be crafty and just replace the pivot pin, but when I did that, the hanger bracket flexed and it caused the clutch pedal to bind without the brace.

I have a set from an F body and I was hoping maybe the pedals were the same and she could just use the F body pivot pin and pedals in her auto bracket and fab a brace.

Pedals and parts are a lot more available on the Internet than they were in Central Missouri in the 90's...

Depends on really how you're going to drive the car you might want to opt for a heavy duty set with bearings instead of plastic bushings and they have a stiff brace and also a bigger spring

Depends on really how you're going to drive the car you might want to opt for a heavy duty set with bearings instead of plastic bushings and they have a stiff brace and also a bigger spring
I thought I should have put that in the original ad but I thought of it after.

Standard stuff works for me, this is a slant six car and I'm planning on driving it like an old lady, like I do my other cars.

You will need a bellhousing and transmission. I have a non od 4 speed

There are three different styles. Heavy duty with a 6 inch pin spread. You need the heavier spring in red to ease the pedal application. Easier shifting the trans with this assembly

Then there is the 5 1/4 inch pin spread blue spring. This was used for easier peddle for old people but you can feel the difference with the stiffer shifting when stopped especially to reverse'

The 73 to 76 style were all the same as the blue style except for the brake pedal twist to prevent leg injury in an accident.

If using a diaphragm pressure plate eliminate the over center spring and use a stiffer spring on the fork . Or you will experience the pedal staying on the floor until the RPMs come down due to the centrifugal weight in the plate.

I always use the 6 inch pin spread pedal. I remove the heavy spring and use a diaphragm style clutch assembly on a high horse high RPM engine. The set on the far left is for a early A-body car.

Yes some are available

100_0046 (2).JPG

Last edited:
-
Back