74 Dart Sport Windshield Clips

-

SpeedThrills

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a new set of clips from Mega Parts. Five of them are different (green ones in first pic). What's left of the ones I took off all look like the black one in the first pic. (The second pic is what's left of some of the originals.)

If the green ones are correct, where do they go?

ws1.jpg

ws2.jpg

I'm getting ready to put these on. I can't see any real difference between them.
I thought I read somewhere that the green clips go across the bottom. The bottom trim is the same width as the uppers. I thought maybe it was different, but there are only 5 green clips, and there are 9 holes across the bottom.
If I have to, does anyone know if the screws holding the clips on are accessible with the windshield installed?

Its pretty much impossible to get a screw driver in those screws with gasket and glass in place.
The drawing posted in this thread is from 74 Dart,, Windshield and rear back glass on 67 barracuda fastback installation
and I know a lot of things about Duster/Dart Sport are different. I can't imagine where 5 different clips with slotted holes would be required. If the slotted hole is the only difference, may be just a different mfgr/source to complete the package count.

Thanks for the info and the link, Redfish. I agree with you regarding the oddball clips. I just called Mega Parts, but they don't open until 1:00 CT. I want to ask them, just to be sure, because I'll be screwed if I put the clips in and they're wrong. I'd have to remove the windshield again, of course.
I'll be back with their reply.

I emailed.
“I recently purchased MP-WMC075970 for my 74 Dart Sport (invoice # 2045678). The black clips included are the same as the ones I removed from my car. The green clips included with the kit, are a bit different. (Please see attached pic)
I just want to be sure the green clips are okay to use, because, of course, the glass will be installed when I find out they if they won't work.“

Their reply:

“They should be I have sold 100s of these kits and haven’t had anyone say anything before. I believe the green clips go in the corners, but am not 100% sure.”
Good enough for me. :D

-
Back