74 dart sport

-

m-wellbaum

Reaction score
hey i called this fella up the other day about a 74 dart sport it is made to look like a duster he says there is surface rust around the rear taillights it has a 360 that he put in last year(not sure about the miles) and a 904 trans i am not sure about the interior it is red w/a red vinyl top he is askin 3000 so is this a good price as it will need to be painted im going to talk to him later and find out about the interior

If there's surface rust around the tail lights then there's going to be rust in the usual places (rockers, lower quarter panels, dog leg of fron fenders, upper fender lip area (where inner inner fender and outer fender are bolted together), floor pans, etc. If the interior is thrashed then $3k doesn't sound like a good deal at all.

yea thats kinda what i was thinkin depends on the interior i got a pic i just dont know how to attach it i could see a rust spot at the back of the front fender on the passenger side he didnt mention that when we talked i need to call him tomorrow so i can get directions

You know,it makes me sick how people try to ask outrageuos prices for these cars.Sure,these A bodies and many other older cars are getting harder to find these days,but why ask so much for a car thats not even worth the asking price?I scored my 72 Duster for 900 bucks with a good interior and decent body and a motor,before that, I was looking on ebay every day for along time and saw Dusters,Darts,Valiants that had no motors or transmissions and trashed interiors and rust with reserves set at almost 3000 dollars.Now I can see that price being good if its a Road Runner needing restoration,a 340 Duster or even a Charger.its stupid
If you dont think its worth that,then move on,youll find another one.

i agree we didnt get the chance to look after all but it wasnt realy what i was lookin for anyways im just getin impatient i guess

-
Back