74 dart swinger interchanging?

-

skycuda67

Reaction score
ok i just got an offer for a paintball gun i have for trade on craigslist. the guy has a 74 dart swinger. this is his description "How about a 74 dart Swinger 318 disc brake car with Edlebrock manifold and
carb that ran 2 years ago before it was parked and now covered in green
slime. Needs restored, but all is there?" i dont really wanna get into restoring the thing but i was wondering particularly if the discs would be interchangable to my 67 barracuda? i havent gone to look at it yet, but i am curious to see what its like, the paintball guns on for 500 bucks so if the things not in horrible condition might be worth it?

If the discs are factory for the 74, they are the larger bolt pattern and are not a direct bolt in for the 67 Barracuda. However, a car for a paintball gun sounds like a deal to consider, especially since you might be able to sell it on here for more than the gun was worth, give someone here a deal, and save a car all in one move.

As far as I can recall the brakes would be a bolt on (upper and lower control arms too), though I would pull the k member and use the entire thing to also get rid of the funky '67 idler. (keep the old stuff for potential original value but use the newer tech) You also would get a v8 spoil mount and the big bolt with decent brakes. The rear end would be a drop in and most likely a 8 1/4 with bbp. Not to mention all the other stuff you could sell off the car.

I would look into it. I think people are getting 300 bucks or so for late model disc brakes.

id look itno it, it would probably be worth your time even to part the car out if it was ok. i know i have a 73 dart swinger and im always looking for parts.

k im having him send me some pictures for now. but u guys agree brakes would be bolt on for a body cuda? lot easier to shell out a dusty paintball gun than 300+ bucks outta pocket for brakes

I do not agree on the brakes. I believe there is a different spindle, caliper and ball joints on the 74 Dart as compared to your Barracuda. You would have to change the upper control arm, and swap on large bolt pattern wheels. I am not sure if you'd have to change the lower control arm as well. In my opinion, thats a "do able" swap, but not a bolt in, as it requires changing much more than just the rotor and spindle.

If you aren't worried about keeping the 67 stock, it may be worth swapping the entire set of running gear over, front and rear.

the brakes would be a bolt on (upper and lower control arms too), though I would pull the k member and use the entire thing to also get rid of the funky '67 idler. (keep the old stuff for potential original value but use the newer tech) You also would get a v8 spoil mount and the big bolt with decent brakes. The rear end would be a drop in and most likely a 8 1/4 with bbp. Not to mention all the other stuff you could sell off the car. A very good thing to do, you get lbp so wheel options are far greater and also disk brakes with the bigger upper ball joint.

Not to mention that the single piston discs are less susceptable to outrageous fade on hard braking.

ya im really thinking i'll go for it, its about 2-3 hours away so im waiting on pics for the guy. he claimed it was runnin when it was parked so may be able to get it running too! but...he just "claims", i'll post the pics for you guys when i get em!

-
Back